This is a great make-ahead recipe for those mornings when you just don’t have time to make anything. Cut them into bars or slices for a quick grab-and-go breakfast. Packed with protein, healthy fats and fiber my Nutty Breakfast Bake is sure to make your start to the day a good one.
Nutty Breakfast Bake
- 1 cup nuts (I used a mix of almonds and walnuts)
- 1 cup seeds (I used a mix of sunflower and pumpkin seeds)
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup oats (use gluten-free if you have a sensitivity to gluten)
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1/2 cup dried fruit (cranberries, raisins, blueberries, apricots, etc)
- 2 eggs (or egg replacer to make it vegan)
- 1 Tbsp blackstrap molasses (optional- for added iron)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- ground cinnamon or your favorite spice
Preheat over to 350 degrees F. In a food processor add the nuts and seeds and grind into a powder or almost powder consistency. Add the shredded coconut and oats and pulse to blend. Add the banana and dried fruit, pulse to blend. Finally, add the egg and remaining ingredients (if using) blend until mixture is combined. Pour into a pie plate and spread it evenly over the dish. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool (if you can wait) and serve. Enjoy!